Mechanical INtegrity Programs
ABS Consulting has the expertise to help you develop and implement cost-effective and compliant mechanical integrity (MI) programs. Since 1977, our MI experts have provided process safety, reliability and risk assessment services to a wide variety of industries, including chemical, refining, oil & gas production, pulp & paper, pharmaceutical, consumer products, ammonia refrigeration, semi-conductor and allied industries.
Our professional engineering staff has helped hundreds of companies develop and implement MI programs and procedures, as well as understand pertinent codes and standards as part of their obligations under OSHA's process safety management (PSM) and EPA's risk management program (RMP) regulations.
Our extensive experience and qualifications are evident through our participation on many industry committees (API, ASME, NFPA, CCPS, IIAR) regarding MI issues. Our industry-leading expertise was recognized when we were asked to author the book often referenced as the industry guidance for mechanical integrity programs, Guidelines for Mechanical Integrity Systems (Wiley, 2006) for the American Institute of Chemical Engineers Center for Chemical Process Safety. In addition, we have provided MI training to hundreds of industry personnel through ABS Consulting Training Services.
Mechanical Integrity Services
- Assessing and auditing MI programs, including gap analyses vs. industry practices, codes and standards
- Assisting in equipment selection or boundary definitions to be covered by an MI program
- Developing written management systems for MI programs, including identifying pertinent recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP)
- Developing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance (ITPM) plans
- Identifying and writing maintenance procedures
- Integrating MI programs or ITPM plans into computerized maintenance management systems (CMMSs)
- Identifying MI training and competency needs
- Developing programs for quality assurance (QA) and management deficiencies
- Assisting with OSHA's National Emphasis Program (NEP) inspection
We also have extensive experience performing reliability-centered maintenance analyses and root cause analyses of equipment failures.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 1-865-966-5232 | Fax: 1-865-966-5287
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...