Natural Hazards Risk Management
ABS Consulting structural risk engineers have extensive expertise in design, evaluation, and retrofit of buildings and facilities subjected to natural hazard risks including earthquake, flood and severe windstorm. Our client markets include commercial, chemical, educational, governmental, healthcare, high tech, industrial, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and utilities.
Our services include:
- Probable Maximum Loss (PML) Analysis
- Portfolio Loss Assessment (Multiple Sites)
- Business Interruption Assessment
- Post-event Damage Assessment
- Natural Hazard Preparedness and Business Recovery Planning
- Property Acquisition Due Diligence Engineering Studies
- Structural Risk and Damage Assessment
- Structural Integrity Analysis
- Load and Design Criteria Development
- Structural Engineering and Retrofit Design
- Performance-based Design
- Specialized Design for High Seismic Regions
- Non-structural Hazard Analysis and Mitigation
- Vulnerability and Reliability Analyses of Lifeline Systems
- Independent Technical Assessment and Peer Review
- Constructability Review
- Construction Management
- Geologic and Seismological Site Investigations
Partnering with Clients
ABS Consulting works closely with clients to understand their needs and determine a strategy for reducing and mitigating their risk to natural hazards. These strategies often involve the upgrade and rehabilitation of existing buildings and equipment, development of improved operating procedures, transferring the risk through insurance and improved emergency response, and business recovery plans.
We conduct reviews and evaluations of existing and new structures and develop a risk assessment. We evaluate and identify structural and non-structural deficiencies, analyze their significance and prioritize their importance for client operations and physical assets. Our engineers then evaluate reasonable alternatives to achieve cost-effective solutions to minimize operational impact.
Our staff has extensive knowledge of building codes, state-of-the-art design tools and evaluation methodologies. We have in-depth experience with new and historic materials used in construction. ABS Consulting engineers have conducted investigations of earthquakes, hurricanes and tsunamis around the world and apply this knowledge to our projects.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-281-673-2800 | Fax: 1-281-673-2950
+44 192 528 7300
+44 1925 287 301
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...