Risk management plays a major role in nuclear safety and underpins both regulatory and commercial power plant operation. Using a systematic identification of the potential hazards and evaluation of their consequences and frequency, we can produce a quantitative assessment of plant risk, effectively measuring cost and risk.
ABS Consulting provides services to the nuclear industry that take an integrated approach as to risk assessment, analysis, review and management for natural, man-made and operational hazards.
- Probabilistic Risk Assessment - Including application of all common PRA software (e.g. CAFTA, RISKMAN, Risk Spectrum, Saphire, etc.)
- Probabilistic Safety Assessment
- All Modes Risk Assessment
- Risk-Informed Applications - Including Maintenance Rule, NEI Initiative 4(b) - Risk-Managed Technical Specifications, NEI Initiative 5(b) - Risk-Informed Surveillance Frequency Control Program, Risk-Informed Inservice Testing Program, Risk-Informed Inservice Inspections Program (e.g. RI-ISI of Piping using ASME Code Cases N-560, N-578, and/or N-716), and 10 CFR 50.69 - Risk-Informed Graded Quality Assurance Program impelementation and update.
- External Events Risk Assessment - Including Seismic, Flood, Wind and Fire Analyses, and associated Spatial Interactions Database Development, Implementation and Support.
- Security Risk Assessment
- License Extension
- Power Uprate Support
- PRA Update
- Data Analysis - Including common cause failure analysis and Bayesian updating.
- Human Reliability Analysis - Including EPRI HRA Calculator Assessments
- Peer Review - Including PRA "gap" analyses based on ANS, ASME, IEEE, NFPA and/or other industry standards, and NRC Regulatory Guide 1.200.
- Training in Risk Assessment and Applications
- Level 1, 2 and 3 Analysis
- Risk-Informed Performance-Based Asset Management
- Risk-Informed Preventive Maintenance Program Optimization
- Risk-Informed Evaluation of Capital Improvement Programs
- Risk-Informed Spare Parts Analyses
- SAMA Evaluation Support
- "Living" PRA Program Development, Implementation and Documentation Support
- Outage Scheduling Cost-Benefit-Risk Analysis
- Operations and Maintenance Cost-Benefit-Risk Analysis
- Economic Alternatives Cost-Benefit-Risk Analysis
- Risk Trade-off Case Studies
- Plant Availability Prediction Modeling and Improvement Option Case Studies
- Plant Efficiency (Heat Rate) Modeling and Improvement Option Case Studies
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-281-673-2800 | Fax: 1-281-673-2950
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...