SAFETY and Environmental Management System (SEMS)
The US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement's (BOEMRE) new regulation [30 CFR 250] requires offshore owners/operators and contractors to implement a Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) by November 15, 2011. This rule transitions 13 formerly voluntary practices covered in American Petroleum Institute (API) Recommended Practice 75 (RP 75) to mandatory requirements.
As the voluntary compliance era of API RP75 gives way to the mandatory compliance era of the new rule, companies are finding themselves in various states of readiness. For many OCS Operators, SEMS will be a continuation of their current management system practices adopted under API RP75 that may only require a few enhancements to align with the new rule. For others - those who are only now starting to know what SEMS stands for, and those who have begun developing but have not completed their programs - understanding the best path forward can be a much more challenging and even daunting task.
ABS Consulting offers customized services to help you implement SEMS. Based on your needs, we can provide any or all of the following services:
- GAP analysis and upgrade of existing HSE, ISM or RP 75 program to comply with SEMS (operators, drillers and contractors)
- SEMS implementation plan and effort/cost estimate
- Design and develop of a SEMS written policy, program and procedures
- Third party audit of SEMS compliance
- SEMS element implementation assistance
- Development of SEMS metrics
- Annual review of SEMS program
- Integrate SEMS compliance with classification and ISM certificate process
- Integrate SEMS compliance into offshore capital project management process
Overall Program, How to Implement and How to Audit:
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-281-673-2800 | Fax: 1-281-673-2950
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...