RCRA Compliance Bootcamp
This comprehensive course will bring you up to speed on the major RCRA regulatory issues and how to put this information into action. The course satisfies the basic Department of Transportation training requirements for HAZMAT employees. It includes sessions on hazardous waste identification, recycling, release reporting, and so on.
Who Should Attend:
- Those new to the RCRA field and its issues
- Those needing a refresher on the major RCRA regulatory issues
Benefits of Attending:
- Obtain a broad overview and identify the parts of the RCRA program that apply to your operations
- Learn how to identify hazardous wastes
- Identify and avoid the most common hazardous waste storage violations
- Discover why the land disposal restrictions may dictate your disposal options
- Learn about other regulatory programs impacting your hazardous waste management activities
- Receive direct hands-on instruction with many examples and exercises
- IHMM-2.5 CMPs; NESHTA-40 CE Hrs; NEHA-32.5 CE Hrs; 3.1 CEUs, 3.1 COCs, 5.01 CMs, ABIH approval #10-257
Duration: 4.5 days
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act – a Historical Overview
- Introduction to the Laws Regulating Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste Identification – Part 1; an in-depth look at the requirements and mechanics for identifying hazardous waste.
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Hazardous Waste Identification – Part II; additional issues in waste identification.
- Recycling Hazardous Waste
- Waste Minimization
- Managing Used Oil
- Hazardous Waste Generator Requirements
- Hazardous Waste Permits
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Reporting Releases of Hazardous Waste/Substances
- The Land Disposal Restrictions
- Practical Considerations for Managing Hazardous Waste
Day 4: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Shipping Hazardous Waste
- DOT Training and Certification; Basic Certification for Signing Hazardous Waste Manifests
Day 5: 8:00 a.m. to Noon
- DOT Review
- DOT Basic Certification Exam
- Advanced U.S. Environmental Laws
- Clean Air Compliance Institute
- Clean Water Compliance Institute
- Environmental Compliance Bootcamp
- Stormwater Discharge Regulations
- U.S. Environmental Laws
This course is part of ABS Consulting's Hazardous Waste Compliance Specialist certification program.
This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...