Compliance Auditing with PSM Overview
Learn to perform compliance auditing of process safety management (PSM) and risk management program (RMP) systems in accordance with OSHA and EPA regulations. Attendees learn the fundamentals of compliance auditing as well as how to perform compliance auditing of PSM and RMP programs, document the audit results, and structure reports for optimum effectiveness.
Note: We recommend that attendees with good PSM regulatory knowledge take the 2-day version of this course and that all others take either the optional first-day regulatory refresher (included in this course) or the Process Safety Management course, which provides an in-depth review of PSM requirements. The Process Safety Management course, or equivalent, is a prerequisite for the auditing portion of this course.
Who Should Attend:
- Those who need to learn the fundamentals of auditing to structure effective PSM/RMP audits
- Those who need to gain experience in an audit team environment with real-time constraints
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn the fundamentals of auditing to help you structure effective PSM/RMP audits
- Gain experience in an audit team environment with real-time constraints and obtaining consensus among team members
- Use the auditing tools you get upon course completion to determine your facility's PSM/RMP compliance
- Practice auditing techniques during the course, including interviewing personnel
- Obtain hands-on experience in reviewing PSM/RMP programs and documentation and in writing specific, concise audit findings
- Receive the latest information on industry experience with OSHA inspections, plus what your instructors have learned from those inspections and recent compliance interpretations (in the first-day PSM refresher session)
- Review the PSM and RMP regulations' requirements and receive an update on OSHA's most recent regulatory interpretations (in the first-day PSM refresher session)
- Receive auditing tools based on successful programs at companies like your own
- 1.9 CEUs, 1.9 COCs, 3.17 CMs, ABIH approval #10-217
Duration: 3 days
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Introductions and Course Overview
- OSHA PSM and EPA RMP Regulation History
- PSM and RMP Regulation Requirements
- OSHA Compliance Directive
- OSHA Compliance Letters and Enforcement Actions
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fundamentals of Auditing:
- Scope of the audit
- Audit techniques
- Auditor qualifications
- The audit report
- The audit process
- Auditing the PSM/RMP Programs and Their Processes and Products
- PSM/RMP coverage and process boundaries
- Employee participation
- Process safety information
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Auditing the PSM/RMP Programs and Their Processes and Products (continued)
- Process hazard analysis
- Hot work permits
- Operating procedures
- Management of change
- Incident investigation
- Emergency planning and response
- Mechanical integrity
- Compliance audits
- Pre-startup safety review
- Trade secrets
- Management system
- Hazard assessment
- Audit Follow-up and Tracking
- Certification Examination (optional)
- Course Summary
This course is part of ABS Consulting's PSM/RMP Auditor program certification.
We can help you by performing a PSM/accident prevention assessment, developing or improving selective PSM program elements, or executing specific PSM activities.
This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...