This course defines reliability and presents the fundamental principles for achieving reliability excellence. Attendees will examine the critical elements of reliability management policies and will self-assess those of their own companies. Practical, systematic methods of finding weaknesses in systems most likely to lead to reliability problems will be outlined. Techniques for correcting underlying root causes of reliability will also be presented. Finally, the importance of, and approaches for, establishing a sound reliability strategy and culture will be discussed.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers in all departments who are in need of instruction on the basics of reliability program implementation and reliability program elements
- Reliability professionals who are tasked with leading reliability improvements at facilities or within corporations
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn fundamental principles needed to improve the reliability performance of assets
- Understand how common reliability analysis tools can be applied to evaluate and improve equipment performance
- Learn key management systems critical to reliability performance
- Understand the importance of establishing reliability culture and leading cultural change
- Receive useful reliability resources, such as a comprehensive course manual, an extensive resource guide, and the textbook Reliability Management: An Overview
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #20-237
Duration: 2 days
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- What Is Reliability?
- Workshop: Exploring reliability issues
- Workshop: Speaking the language of reliability
- Reliability: A Way of Doing Business to Sustain World-Class System Performance
- Workshop: Estimating the OEE and asset utilization of a machine or process
- Workshop: Estimating the expected output of the overall system
- Overview of the Three Principles for Achieving Reliability Excellence
- Holistic, integrated management practices
- Proactive prevention of reliability problems
- Solution of reliability problems through root cause analysis
- Principle 3: Solution of Reliability Problems Through Root Cause Analysis
- Importance of finding root causes
- Overview of root cause analysis tools
- Workshop: Proving the value of root cause analysis
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Principle 2: Proactive Prevention of Reliability Problems
- Overview of reliability assessment
- Survey of reliability assessment tools and their uses
- Screening tools
- Broadly applicable, detailed analysis tools
- Narrowly focused, detailed analysis tools
- Workshop: Planning reliability assessments to meet practical decision-making needs
- Principle 1: Holistic, Integrated Management Practices
- Key elements of world-class reliability management systems
- Integrating reliability management systems with other management systems (quality, safety, environmental, etc.)
- Workshop: Exploring your status in the key elements and identifying overlaps with other existing systems
- Direct and Indirect Measures
- Setting Reliability Goals and Objectives
- Workshop: Developing goals for reliability performance
- Reliability Program Development
HazardReview LEADER, world-class PHA/HAZOP/LOPA software integrated with Microsoft® Office.
ABS Consulting has assisted many clients with reliability and manufacturing improvement projects in a wide variety of industries, including consumer products, heavy manufacturing, chemical processing, and machining. This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
Read the following papers on Reliability:
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...