Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis Techniques
You will learn the most commonly used techniques for identifying chemical-process industry hazards; quantifying their likelihood; and assessing the reliability, availability, and dependability of process systems. This course will help you assist in your company's compliance with OSHA's regulation for Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals and other industry risk management initiatives.
Who Should Attend:
- This course is especially useful for engineers and scientists who need to evaluate the benefits (risk-reduction potential) of recommendations for process change
Benefits of Attending:
- Review the key elements of qualitative and quantitative risk analysis methods
- Understand how to select appropriate hazard evaluation techniques to use in a variety of instances
- Learn simplified methods for calculating system reliability, availability, and expected number of failures
- Participate in at least seven hands-on workshops in which you gain valuable practice and experience in applying a particular analytical technique to a process system
- 3.5 CEUs, 3.5 COCs, 5.85 CMs, ABIH approval #10-244
Duration: 5 days
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Process safety management
- What-if/checklist technique with workshop
- HAZOP technique with workshop
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Human factors concepts/HAZOP of procedures with workshop
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) with workshop
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fault tree analysis with workshop
- Reliability calculations and importance measures with workshop
- Failure data selection with workshop
Day 4: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Common cause failure analysis
- Incorporating test and maintenance factors into reliability calculations with workshop
Day 5: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Event tree analysis with workshop
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...