Reliability and Operational Excellence
This course will demonstrate how the best plants are able to compete globally through the application of a reliability strategy – one that combines the best elements of Lean Manufacturing, TPM, RCM, Six Sigma and other methodologies as well as excellence in operations and maintenance practices. Through extensive case study examples, instructors will show you the right strategy for maximum production capacity by making fundamental changes in the way processes and equipment are designed, operated, and maintained.
Who Should Attend:
- Leaders in manufacturing, including operations directors, site managers, change managers, operations and maintenance managers, first line supervisors, reliability leaders, and influential frontline operators and maintainers
Benefits of Attending:
- Apply principles to maximize process uptime, eliminate unplanned downtime, improve quality and minimize costs
- Learn strengths and weaknesses of various approaches and their relationship with operations excellence
- Learn how to develop a business case for operations excellence and win support from business leaders
- Develop and implement an improvement strategy and prioritize the improvement efforts and how to align your leadership to a common strategy and engage your workforce in delivering your improvement plan
- Understand the key differences between leadership and management and learn how to create a culture for operations excellence in your organization and how to sustain the efforts
Duration: 1.5 days
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Introductions & Introductory Comments
- Manufacturing Business Excellence Overview – Low Cost Producer Profile
- Asset Utilization/Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Loss Accounting
- Safety and Reliability – Mutually Dependent – Consider the Data
- Benchmark Data
- Aligning the Marketing and Manufacturing Strategies
- The Reliability Process: Design, Buy, Store, Install, Operate, Maintain and Dispose
- Designing for lowest life cycle cost vs. lowest installed cost
- Buying for supplier reliability and total cost of ownership
- Stores as a value adding asset and support function for reliability
- Installing/starting up with precision; avoiding infant mortality failures
- Workshop – Self-Audit of Management Support and Plant Culture
- Operating with Care, Consistency, and Conformance
- Causes of lost production – operations led reliability
- Process conformance model
- Shift handover practices
- Operator care
- Workshop – Self-Audit of Operating Practices
- Maintaining with Care and Precision, and Imputing Reliability into the Plant:
- Preventive maintenance – time-based
- Predictive maintenance – condition-based
- Proactive maintenance – root cause-based
- Workshop – Self-Audit of Maintenance Practices
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Review and Reflection on Previous Day’s Learning
- Hierarchy of Improvement Tools
- RCM and TPM – A Summary
- Business Level FMEA – Process for Mapping Production Losses and Costs
- Planning and Scheduling – Key Steps
- Workshop – Self-Audit of Parts/Stores Management Practices (Optional)
- Strategy for Implementation
- Leadership and Organizational Issues
- Aligning the Organization
- Managing Cultural Change
- Workshop – Top 3 (Each person will identify three actions they will personally take.)
- Summary and Closing of Reliability and Operational Excellence
- Reliability and Operational Excellence with What Tool? And When?
- Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation
IMSIS is a new generation software tool for the collective, integrated safety and integrity management.
ABS Consulting has assisted many clients with reliability and manufacturing improvement projects in a wide variety of industries, including consumer products, heavy manufacturing, chemical processing, and machining. This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
Read the following papers on Reliability:
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...