This course provides an overview of the chemistry principles behind environmental regulations and requirements. Course content includes advanced discussions of solvents, solutes, chromatography, and spectroscopy. This course also provides the background information needed for understanding chemical releases, material safety data sheets (MSDSs), and lab and sample reports.
Who Should Attend:
- Those who have no prior chemistry training
- Those who need a refresher course in chemistry
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn how chemicals are transported through the environment and where to look if a release occurs
- Learn which hazardous wastes are unstable and may potentially react with other chemicals
- Find out what an MSDS means in real-world terms
- Discover how to read and understand laboratory analytical reports and identify potential problems with the data
- Determine the nature and types of water and air pollutants
- Go beyond the basics to get a better understanding of solutions, solvents, solutes, molar concentration, and solution equilibria
- Learn more about chromatography and spectroscopy techniques used to analyze your data
- IHMM-2.5 CMPs; NESHTA-40 CE Hrs; NEHA-32.5 CE Hrs; 3.1 CEUs, 3.1 COCs, 5.01 CMs, ABIH approval #10-264
Duration: 4.5 days
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Defining and Understanding Matter
- Reviewing the Periodic Table
- Structure and Bonding
- Nuclear Chemistry and Radioactivity
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Case Studies
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Organic Chemistry: Understanding Functional Groups and Classes of Organic Compounds
- The Chemistry of Water
- The Chemistry Behind MSDSs
- Chemical Compatibility
- Chemical Measurements
- Case Studies: Hazardous Waste Characteristics
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Chemical and Physical Reactions
- Sampling and Analysis
Day 4: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Organic Nomenclature
- Advanced Applications of the Periodic Table
- The Chemistry of Air Pollution
- What Are Solutions and Why Are They Important?
- Inorganic Chemistry – Understanding the Complex Reactions of Metals
Day 5: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Organic Chemistry and Your Pesticide Program
- Toxicological Chemistry
- The Chemistry of Water Pollution
- Advanced Sampling and Analysis
- Advanced U.S. Environmental Laws
- Chemistry for Non-Chemists
- Clean Air Compliance Institute
- Clean Water Compliance Institute
- Environmental Compliance Bootcamp
- RCRA Compliance Bootcamp
- TSCA Compliance
- U.S. Environmental Laws
This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...