Clean Water Compliance Institute
This course provides a comprehensive look at the Clean Water Act, including National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits, the Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) process, 404 and storm water permits, and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) plans, among other topics.
Who Should Attend:
- Those new to the clean water field
- Those who need updating on Clean Water regulations and requirements
Benefits of Attending:
- Gain insight into the activities that are regulated by law
- Learn the process for obtaining a permit
- Learn how to qualify for general permits or applicable exemptions
- Discover what types of operational changes trigger the need for regulatory approval
- Review strategies for developing a cost-effective permitting and compliance program
- IHMM – 2.0 CMPs; ABIH & AIHA – 4.0 CMPs; NESHTA – 32 CE Hrs; NEHA – 26 CE Hrs; 1.8 CEUs, 1.8 COCs, 2.67 CMs, ABIH approval #10-254
Duration: 3 days
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Course Introduction
- Overview of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Criminal, Civil, and Administrative Enforcement: How to Protect Yourself
- Understanding the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Pretreatment Requirements Affecting Industrial Discharges and Strategic
- Strategic Considerations for Water Management
- Release Prevention, Reporting, and Liability, Including SPCC
- Wetlands Laws and Regulations
- Understanding TMDL
- Current and Future Priorities for EPA's Clean Water Regulatory Program
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Understanding the NPDES Permit Program: An Overview
- NPDES Permit Construction
- Understanding the Technology-Based Effluent Limitation for Industry
- Water Quality-Based Limitations
- NPDES Permit Applications and Procedures
- Important Factors in Writing Permits
- Compliance Recordkeeping, Monitoring, and Enforcement
- Questions and Answers
Day 3: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Developing and Challenging Permits
- Reviewing the Draft Permit
- Developing Your Permitting Strategies
- Appealing the Final Permit
- Advanced U.S. Environmental Laws
- Clean Air Compliance Institute
- Environmental Compliance Bootcamp
- RCRA Compliance Bootcamp
- SPCC Plans Made Easy
- Stormwater Discharge Regulations
- U.S. Environmental Laws
This course is part of ABS Consulting's Clean Water Compliance Specialist certification program.
This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...