Human Error Prevention
During this 2-day course, attendees learn how to examine and
categorize specific human errors to identify the conditions and
situations that contributed to mistakes. Attendees also discover
why most human mistakes are caused by error-likely situations,
which typically stem from weaknesses in the policies/practices
that influence how organizations select, train, supervise, communicate with, and design workplaces for workers.
Combine this course with Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and save!
Who Should Attend:
- Those seeking techniques to analyze facilities, systems, and operations proactively and reactively
- Those seeking new prevention and mitigation approaches to solve human performance problems
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn the underlying reasons why human errors occur
- Learn how to correct human performance issues before they cause problems
- Learn how to assist others in your organization in dealing with human performance in your operations
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-238
Duration: 2 days
26 Jun 2014 - 27 Jun 2014
The Beach House, Holiday Inn Resort | Hilton Head Island, SC
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Goal of human error analysis
- Understanding human error and its influences
- What is human error?
- Human error categories
- Workshop: Categorizing human errors
- Simple model of human behavior
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Analysis techniques
- Error-likely situation checklist analysis
- Walkthrough analysis
- Workshop: Applying the walkthrough analysis technique
- Guide word analysis
- Workshop: Applying the guide word analysis technique
- Prevention and mitigation strategies
- Common human error prevention techniques
- Organizational responsibilities for human error prevention and mitigation
- Overview of human factors codes and standards
- Workshop: Developing effective recommendations
For Course Dated 26 Jun 2014 - 27 Jun 2014
Mr. Donald Lorenzo - Director, ABS Consulting Training Services - Professional Engineer (P.E.), Technical Trainer - ABS Consulting
Mr. Lee Vanden Heuvel - Manager of Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Services and Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer - ABS Consulting
Mr. Thomas Williams - Senior Risk/Reliability Engineer - ABS Consulting
- Combined Course: Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation and Human Error Prevention
- Hazard Identification
- Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigation | with RootCause LEADER™ Software
This course is part of ABS Consulting's Advanced Root Cause Analyst/Incident Investigator certification program.
Contact us for help with addressing human errors in your organization.
This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...