Job Safety Analysis
During this 2-day course, attendees learn the basics of the job safety analysis (JSA) process and ways to enhance the technique. In the basic approach, attendees learn how to identify job hazards and develop safe work practices for a task. With the enhanced approach, attendees also learn to quickly identify and address potential errors that may occur during the performance of the task using checklists of human factor considerations and guidewords. Attendees also discuss strategies for making the overall JSA process more efficient.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who needs to know the basics of the JSA process and ways to enhance the technique
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn how to quickly identify and address potential errors that may occur during the performance of a task
- Use checklists of human factors considerations and guide words to assist in identification
- 1.2 CEUs , 1.2 COCs , 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-229
Duration: 2 days
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Course logistics
- Risk concepts
- Overview of risk management concepts
- Risk-based prioritization of Job Safety Analyses (JSAs)
- Human Factors/Errors Concepts
- Worker Protection
- Workplace hazards
- Personal protection
- Industrial hygiene
- Process safety
- Traditional JSA Approach
- Instructor-led example
- Workshop 1: JSA of simple task (using 10-minute videotape of task as the basis of the operation description and the analysis)
- Review of Workshop 1 results
- WISE-Guide Analysis Approach
- Contrast to JSA
- Procedure errors
- Instructor-led example
- Workshop 2: Hazard Analysis of Procedures (using JSA-style procedure developed from Workshop 1)
- What-if Analysis Approach
- Instructor-led example of analysis of equipment hazards
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- JSA Preparation
- Team selection
- Data collection
- Task inventory/analysis
- Worksheet preparation
- Workshop 3: Prepare worksheets for the next example task
- JSA Meeting
- Techniques for questioning
- Common problems and how to handle them
- Follow-up assignments/closure on open items
- Reviewing JSA results with others
- JSA Results
- Formulation of recommendations
- Follow-up/closure of recommendations
- Workshop 4: Writing appropriate recommendations
- Fundamentals of writing effective procedures
- Workshop 5: JSA and Documentation of Typical Operation (using 10-15 minute videotape of more complex operation as the basis of the analysis)
Working independently or teaming with your staff, we can develop technical documents such as job safety analyses, operating training materials, process safety information, on-the-job checklists, limits tables, and procedures for any and all tasks.
This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...