Sound Safety Culture
It has been nearly 20 years since the promulgation of the OSHA process safety management (PSM) standard. Most covered operations have long had what they regard to be fully developed, mature PSM programs. However, all too often safety performance has failed to reach the desired goals, reached a plateau, or perhaps even degraded with time. This 2-day course addresses organizational culture as an intrinsic and key element in the successful implementation of both process safety and conventional safety programs. Learn to assess current plant culture, determine changes that need to be made, establish an environment to foster change, and measure the effect of culture change.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who needs to learn the fundamental aspects of a sound safety culture
- Managers, supervisors, and other staff responsible for promoting high standards of safety performance
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn the keys to creating and sustaining a safety culture that encourages the personnel performance you want
- Review case histories
- Learn how to move your organization to the next level of safety and reliability performance
- 1.2 CEUs, 1.2 COCs, 2.0 CMs, ABIH approval #10-221
Duration: 2 days
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Safety culture: What is it?
- Elements of a safety culture
- Relationship between culture and PSM program elements
- Relationship between culture and traditional safety program elements
Day 2: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Implementing a culture change
- Sustaining a culture change
- Culture assessment methods
We can help you with your safety culture improvement efforts. This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
Read the following papers on Safety Culture:
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...