In this 1-day course, you will learn the essentials of determining the consequence of a given scenario, estimating the likelihood of it occurring, and the effectiveness of your safeguards against it.
Who Should Attend:
- Personnel who want to implement consistent risk-based judgments as an integral part of an effective process safety management (PSM) program
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn techniques for judging risk as well as guidelines for when to apply these techniques to PSM elements such as process hazard analysis, management of change, mechanical integrity, incident investigation, and others
- 0.7 CEU, 0.7 COC, 1.17 CM, ABIH approval #10-245
Duration: 1 day
Day 1: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Risk Concepts
- Application of management systems to identify, evaluate, and control risk to a tolerable level
- Risk Concepts
- Risk Tolerance
- Risk: How People See It
- Methods for Presenting Risk Results
- Workshop: Risk Histogram
- Using Event Trees for Risk-based Judgments
- Workshop: Event Trees
- Action Items
- Quantitative Basis for Ranking Action Items
- Risk Reduction Equation for an Action Item
- Calculating Priority for an Action Item
- Example Calculations
- Simplified Techniques for Risk-Based Judgments
- Risk Judgment During Qualitative Hazard Evaluations
- Using a Risk Matrix and Problems with Risk Matrices
- Score-based Risk Judgment
- Workshop: LOPA
- Major Categories of Frequency Data
- Define Safeguard Types and Credits
- Classification Overview
- Safety Critical Interlock Classification
- Safety Critical Equipment and Actions
- Common Cause Failure Event
- Advanced PHA Leader
- Hazard Identification
- Layer of Protection Analysis
- Process Hazard Analysis Leader | with HazardReview LEADER™ software
- Revalidating Process Hazard Analyses
This course is part of ABS Consulting's Advanced PHA Leader certification program.
ABS Consulting has performed hundreds of risk assessments for clients in the chemical, nuclear, manufacturing, service, and defense industries.
This course can be taught at your facility. Find out more.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...