Understanding, Implementing and Integrating ISO 50001:2011
This course will provide the students with a solid understanding of the ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management Systems Standard so they can design and implement an Energy Management System (EnMS) within their organizations. The course will provide the information needed so the attendees can immediately return to their organization and begin the process of developing and implementing their own EnMS. Each Student will receive a copy of Implementing ISO 50001.
Who Should Attend
- Energy managers
- Management system representatives
- Technical staff
- Those involved in the design, implementation, and maintenance of an Energy Management System (EnMS).
Duration: 1 day
- Course Introduction
- An Overview of the Standard Elements
- Understanding Process Standard Elements
- Understanding Performance Standard Elements
- Review the differences and similarities between ISO 9001, EN 16001:2009, and ISO 14011.
- Drivers and Benefits
- Walk Through the Standard Element-By-Element
- Management Responsibility,(Management Commitment, & Organizational Change)
- Energy Management Planning, (Energy profiling, Energy Baselines, Use of Energy Software, Performance Indicators), Development of Energy Management Action Plans.
- Begin the Review of the Standard Requirements, (Energy Policy, Identification of energy aspects, Legal obligations and other requirements
Continue the Element-by-Element Review of the Standard Requirements
- Implementing the Energy Management System (Competence and Training, Communication, Systems Design, Operations and Maintenance)
- Performance Monitoring, (Defining Energy Use Patterns, regulatory Compliance, Corrective and Preventive Actions.)
- Documentation, (Documentation Requirements, Control of Documents, Control of Records.)
- Developing your Implementation Team
- Exercise: Developing the Implementation Plan
- Exercise: Conducting your Energy Review
Integrating your Management System
- ISO 14001 EMS
- ISO 9001
- Other programs
- Integrated Management System audits
- Integrated corrective actions programs
- Integrated Management Reviews
- Exercise: Integrating with your existing elements
- Conducting simple energy audits
- Certification requirements
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
email@example.com | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...