eLearning Provides Cost Advantages
ABS Consulting offers online environmental training covering air, water, waste and management systems regulations. All courses are designed by authoritative experts.
Efficient, Cost-Effective Training
No matter how qualified and competent your employees are, there will always be a need for training. Whenever a company introduces a new product or service, implements a new business process or software application, modifies its structure or goals or seeks to make improvements in overall operations, training is critical.
The question is, which method of training yields the best results? For years, traditional classroom training was the only practical option. But scheduling has become more difficult as the pace of business increases – even more so when an organization is geographically dispersed.
Done correctly, eLearning is the perfect complement to a traditional training program. While a company will still have need for personal interaction and mentoring, for most subjects, a large amount of the instruction can be effectively put online. eLearning is an ideal means to communicate information, simulate processes and test knowledge.
Key Advantages of eLearning
- Eliminate wasted time and money.
With traditional training, the more people involved and the more geographically dispersed they are, the greater the training costs. Often, the money is not spent on the actual training. Nearly half of the cost – about 40 percent – goes toward airfare, lodging, meals, refreshments and, in some cases, facility rental. With e-Learning, the cost stays the same whether you're training 100 people or 1,000 people and 100 percent of your training dollar goes toward training.
- Condense training.
eLearning allows participants to focus on the information they really need. A traditional class that lasts 2 days and has an attendance of 12 people per class can be often converted to 6 to 8 hours of eLearning, saving the company 120 man hours per training session and thousands of dollars a year.
- Improve productivity.
With eLearning, employees can receive training anytime and anywhere – at work, home or flying cross country. Your sales team can even train during downtime so it doesn't interfere with business.
- Improve consistency and effectiveness.
eLearning makes sure that all of your trainees are getting consistent instruction that is easy to document.
- Evaluate learning retention.
eLearning provides built-in measurement of employee knowledge. Both pre- and post-assessments can be incorporated into any program.
- Class work can be scheduled around personal and professional work
- Reduces travel cost and time
- Students may have the option to select learning materials that meets their level of knowledge and interest
- Students may study wherever they have access to a computer and internet
- Self-paced learning modules allow students to work at their own pace
- Flexibility to join discussions in the bulletin board threaded discussion areas at any hour, or visit with classmates and instructors remotely in chat rooms
- Different learning styles are addressed and facilitation of learning occurs through varied activities
- Development of computer and internet skills that are transferable to other facets of students' lives
- Successfully completing online or computer-based courses builds self-knowledge and self-confidence and encourages students to take responsibility for their professional development
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...