Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA): An EAM Best Practice Webinar
January 22, 2014 - 10 am CST / 11 am EST
In world class facilities that practice Asset Management based upon Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is the foremost foundational tool utilized. The FMEA is a cornerstone and provides the basis from which a highly effective proactive asset management program can be developed and sustained. When properly performed, the FMEA will systematically evaluate physical assets for their design, function, operating context, failures and consequences. These failures and consequences (sometimes catastrophic) lead to unreliable assets, injuries, lost production opportunities and reduced profit margins. This webinar will demonstrate the basics of performing an FMEA process and its benefit, confirming why it is the keystone to creating and sustaining a reliable facility, organization or industry.
What You Will Learn:
- The difference between Reliability and Maintenance
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and its development of FMEA
- How to apply the seven basic RCM questions to the framework of an FMEA
- The differences between Failure Modes and Effects Criticality Assessment (FMECA) and Asset Criticality Ranking (ACR)
- System Boundaries, Operating Context, Design Failures and Hidden Failures
- Pre-FMEA input resources and how they affect FMEA output
- How to optimize tasks to prevent, mitigate or detect failure modes
- The four categories of PM tasks
- Critical Spare Part Stocking Strategy from FMEA’s
- How to achieve lean maintenance, minimum life cycle costs, maximum asset reliability and sustainability with FMEA’s
Duration: 1 hour
Leon Reed is a Principal Reliability Engineer for GenesisSolutions. Leon has over 40 years' experience successfully designing, implementing and managing Engineering, Maintenance and Reliability programs. Starting at General Motors, he worked his way through college as a Journeyman Millwright, Trainer and Maintenance Supervisor. He achieved Graduate with Distinction from Purdue University with a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology and is a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt from Motorola University. Additionally, he is also a Certified Trainer from Ball State University and a Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP).
View the Webinar Recording
Enter your name, email address and company below to gain access to the presentation and webinar recording.
For more information...
Contact ABS Consulting directly via e-mail, telephone or fax...
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 1-800-769-1199 | Fax: 1-281-673-2931
OR submit a question or request and we'll get back to you...